Obtain Green Card Through Adjustment of Status – 245(i)
Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act allows individuals to apply for adjustment of status despite entering the United States without inspection, overstayed, or worked without authorization. Please contact our office if you think that you are eligible.
- Beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition as an alien relative, alien worker, alien entrepreneur, Widow(er) or special immigrant received or postmarked to INS on or before April 30, 2001.
- Beneficiary of an application for labor certification filed with the Department of Labor on or before April 30, 2001
- Also must have been physically present in the United States on December 21, 2000, if the qualifying visa petition or labor certification application was filed after January 14, 1998.
Obtaining a Green Card through Adjustment of Status
- An Immigration Attorney evaluation of your case.
- Preparation of Immigrant Visa application.
- Preparation of Adjust of Status Application and required forms.
- Preparation of Adjustment of Status Application Supplement A.
- Preparation of affidavit of support.
- Preparation of employment authorization application.
- Preparation of supporting documents for USCIS.
- Final review with Attorney of application forms with client.
- Attorney signature on all application to indicate to the U.S. government that the forms where prepared by an attorney.
- Mailing case to USCIS.
What’s not included
- Attorney representation as attorney of record (G-28) before USCIS.
- Additional work by the attorney, such as answering a Request for Evidence (RFE) where it was issued due to government error or client omission.
- Attorney appearance at any USCIS interview(s).
- Follow up on case status with USCIS.
- Guarantee of approval by the U.S. government. Outcomes depend on your situation and cannot be guaranteed.
For most clients, this service covers this phase of the application process. But if something unexpected happens and your case requires additional work, you can talk to us about hiring us to help you.