Se Habla Español

Do I Need an N-600 Certificate of Citizenship?

Do I Need an N-600 Certificate of Citizenship? | Immigration Lawyer Mario Godoy | Immigration Simplified

An N-600 Certificate of Citizenship is evidence that U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) recognizes you as a United States citizen. A certificate of citizenship is proof of U.S. citizenship issued to a person born outside of the United States to a U.S. citizen parent.

You may need a Certificate of Citizenship to apply for benefits such as:

  • social security
  • IDs and licenses
  • financial aid
  • student loans
  • passports
  • employment
  • government jobs

How to Apply for an N-600 Certificate of Citizenship

You can file a request for a certificate of citizenship with USCIS either online or by submitting paperwork:

  • complete and submit a Form N-600 application to USCIS
  • demonstrate that you are a U.S. citizen by submitting approved documents
  • pay all filing fees

Note: There is no filing fee for Form N-600 if you are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces filing on your own behalf.

Immigration law can be confusing, and mistakes can be expensive and risky. An Immigration Simplified Attorney can evaluate your case and prepare your Application For Certificate of Citizenship and supporting documents for USCIS. We review your situation, provide you with the proper forms and help you submit your application. Contact us today to get started or call us at 1-800-447-1660.

Se Habla Español

Mario Godoy

Mario Godoy, Attorney at Immigration Simplified
Mario A. Godoy is the founder of Immigration Simplified and Godoy Law Office. His mission is to provide immigrants access to affordable, lawyer-backed immigration services. Immigration Simplified serves immigrants and foreign visitors to the United States. We help U.S. citizens reunite and/or obtain legal immigration status for their family members.
Mario Godoy

The details provided in the blog and the website is for general information and awareness only, and should be treated in that light alone. The information should not be treated as professional advice and should not be considered as a substitute for legal consultation. Since the law changes with time and at regular intervals, we recommend you get the help of an attorney before and during any legal proceeding. Please use the information shared in this website at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any direct or indirect consequence that may result from following the information in this website. Any information or contact through this website does not create an attorney client relationship.