Do I Need an N-600 Certificate of Citizenship?

Immigration paperwork

An N-600 Certificate of Citizenship is evidence that U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) recognizes you as a United States citizen. A certificate of citizenship is proof of U.S. citizenship issued to a person born outside of the United States to a U.S. citizen parent.

You may need a Certificate of Citizenship to apply for benefits such as:

  • social security
  • IDs and licenses
  • financial aid
  • student loans
  • passports
  • employment
  • government jobs

How to Apply for an N-600 Certificate of Citizenship

You can file a request for a certificate of citizenship with USCIS either online or by submitting paperwork:

  • complete and submit a Form N-600 application to USCIS
  • demonstrate that you are a U.S. citizen by submitting approved documents
  • pay all filing fees

Note: There is no filing fee for Form N-600 if you are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces filing on your own behalf.

Immigration law can be confusing, and mistakes can be expensive and risky. An Immigration Simplified Attorney can evaluate your case and prepare your Application For Certificate of Citizenship and supporting documents for USCIS. We review your situation, provide you with the proper forms and help you submit your application. Contact us today to get started or call us at (312) 883-9944.

Se Habla Español