If you were not born in the United States and want to become a US Citizen, you can be a naturalized. Naturalization is the legal process to grant citizenship to a foreign-born person.
To Apply for United States Citizenship:
1. You must be a legal Permanent Resident (Green Card) for 5 years, or 3 years if your spouse is a US citizen.
2. You must meet USCIS eligibility requirements including
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of filing
- Able to read, write, and speak basic English
- A person of good moral character
3. Go through the ten-step naturalization process which includes
- Determining your eligibility to become an American citizen
- Preparing and submitting form N-400, the application for naturalization
- Taking the U.S. Naturalization Test and having a personal interview
Do You Want to Apply for Citizenship?
Applying for US citizenship can be confusing, and errors or missed deadlines can be costly or hurt your case. You may also qualify for expedited naturalization in certain instances. Immigration Simplified is an alternative to the expense of hiring an immigration lawyer or managing your application yourself. An Immigration Simplified attorney can guide you through the process and help you file correctly the first time. We review your situation, provide you with the proper forms and help you submit your citizenships application. Contact us today to get started. Please contact our office or call us at (312) 883-9944.
Se Habla Español