The U.S. State Department announced on September 20 that the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2021), commonly called the visa lottery, will have 55,000 diversity visas available for Fiscal Year 2021. The Visa Lottery 2021 program provides green cards and legal residence for citizens from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.
This year, the U.S. State Department announced two updates to the Visa Lottery.
Overview of the 2021 Visa Lottery
- To qualify, foreign applicants must have been born in an eligible country and have a high school education, or 2 years of work experience.
- The primary applicant will need to have a valid, unexpired passport.
- Applicants can apply for the lottery in October 2, 2019 and end on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019; and the winners will be announced in May.
- Applications can only be done online at dvlottery.state.gov.
- Winners of the visa lottery are chosen by random selection; there is no cost to register.
The Immigration Simplified attorneys work with you to evaluate your immigration status and guide you in your journey to getting a Green Card. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office or call us at (312) 883-9944.
Se Habla Español