N-600 Certificate of Citizenship

Citizenship Services in Illinois & Nationwide

If you were born outside of the United States to parents who are U.S. citizens, how can you prove that you are a U.S. citizen? You will need to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship via form N-600. Immigration Simplified offers oversight and guidance by experienced attorneys, to help you fill out and properly file form N-600 with the appropriate USCIS office. Together, we'll make sure it's done right the first time around.

To learn more, call (312) 883-9944 or contact us online.

Why Do I Need a Certificate of Citizenship?

A Certificate of Citizenship may be required when you apply for benefits such as social security, IDs and licenses, financial aid, passports, and employment.

A Certificate of Citizenship is proof of U.S. citizenship issued to a person born outside of the United States to a U.S. citizen parent. To receive your certificate, you must apply via Form N-600. If you were born in the United States, your birth certificate can serve as your proof as a U.S. citizen. Other documents accepted as proof of U.S. citizenship include a U.S. Department of State issued passport and naturalization certificate.

Applying for a Certificate of Citizenship

Applying for a Certificate of Citizenship can be difficult. You must provide the necessary supporting documentation, must fill out the form properly, and must file it with the right USCIS office online or by mail. Your form will be rejected if it is not filled out properly, and you will be required to file it again.

You may be required to provide the following documents, along with Form N-600:

  • Two photographs (passport-style) of the applicant
  • The applicant’s birth certificate/record
  • Evidence of the parent’s U.S. citizenship
  • The parent’s birth certificate

Additional documentation may be required, depending on the situation.

Instead of worrying that your application for a Certificate of Citizenship will be denied or delayed by preventable errors, work with professionals who can handle the filing process for you. Our immigration services can be tailored to your needs.

Contact Immigration Simplified today for experienced Form N-600 help in Illinois or anywhere in the U.S. or worldwide.

Testimonials from Real Clients

  • “I am so happy we did not try and muddle our way through the paperwork alone.”

    - Adolph (Google Reviews)

  • “Thanks again for being an honest law firm and for showing up on time.”

    - Lidia & Jesus

  • “Every time I have a legal need Godoy Law Office has been there to help guide me through.”

    - P.P.B.

  • “Their attention to detail, and offering of important advice, based on experience, was indispensable every step of the way.”

    - Bruce (Google Reviews)

  • “I was really lost in the immigration process and Mr. Godoy figured out where the problem was and resolved it.”

    - Bijay (Google Reviews)


Immigration Assistance

A representative will contact you within 24 hours.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.